The Deadline for the Call for Members on the Quality Advisory Committee is fast approaching.
Please submit your Statement of Interest and CV by March 2nd, 2015 at 10:00 am.
Download the pdf: 2015 Jan Call for TBC QAC members
TBC QUALITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CALL FOR NEW MEMBERS
The Toronto Birth Centre (TBC) aims to build a space where women, families and communities can access culturally safe birthing care. The TBC is currently seeking interested individuals for appointment by the Board to the TBC Quality Advisory Committee (QAC). We aim to appoint members who can best accomplish the objectives of the TBC, in alignment with its vision, core values, and Indigenous framework. The QAC focuses on safety monitoring and evaluation of services at the TBC, overseeing the activities of the Quality Management Program and reporting on those activities to the Board. The QAC is undergoing changes: a one-year transition is planned, with an overlap period of new members and exiting members so as to facilitate the development of new members’ capacity and the incorporation of established members’ knowledge.
The TBC is currently seeking people to fill six (6) positions on the QAC. Successful candidates will be:
- Available to attend meetings quarterly or more frequently as called by the Chair
- Available to undertake the responsibilities of QAC members, including timely review of committee documents, verification of prepared minutes of meetings, ensuring that agreed-upon timelines are met, attending public events (when required), as outlined in the QAC Terms of Reference (available on the TBC website: www.torontobirthcentre.ca).
- Available to commit to a term of 1 to 3 years.
Candidates may apply through three (3) streams:
- The Board of Directors seeks two (2) Registered Midwives credentialed at the TBC
- The Community Council seeks two (2) Residents of Toronto with expertise on research and
- The Midwives’ Council seeks two (2) Current or past participants in the healthcare system with
expertise in midwifery, obstetrics and/or pediatrics
Participation on the QAC is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the ongoing development of the Quality Management Program of the TBC as an innovative midwifery-led initiative. The appointment process for QAC membership with the Toronto Birth Centre is guided by the TBC’s Vision, Purpose, Core Values and Indigenous Framework, and works within an Indigenous worldview. Self-identified Indigenous people and those who have a strong track record of ally work with Indigenous communities are encouraged to come forward. People with skills and expertise in quality improvement, patient safety, and program evaluation are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your Statement of Interest, including how you are able to contribute to the work of the QAC, (max. 300 words) and a curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Please specify via which stream you are seeking nomination in the subject line:
“QAC application – Board stream”, OR
“QAC application – Community Council stream”, OR
“QAC application – Midwives’ Council stream”
(see description of streams above)
Deadline: March 2, 2015 at 10:00 am.
If you would like more information about writing a Statement of Interest or a curriculum vitae, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statements of interest will be reviewed by QAC Appointment Working Groups of the Board and Councils, who will facilitate the selection via election if needed. Selected candidates will be put forward for appointment at a TBC Board Meeting.